Silver Plate Epergnes Cut Glass Dishes Bowls
You are viewing an incredible pair of Sheffield silverplate and cut glass epergenes in the manner of Matthew Boulton. The pair have been crafted from silver plate and crystal glass and stand on the mirrored silver stands.
It’s really hard to know where to start when describing this gorgeous pair, such is the wealth of details and quality craftsmanship. They’re a highly original and collectable pair and the levels and quality of craftmanship are outstanding and simply breathtaking. In a practical sense these can be used for serving food, sweets or other edible items, or maybe dried flowers, pot pourri or whatever else your imagination could conjure up! More commonly this would be used also as a very elegant decorative item for your home.
They sit on the circular silverplate base on raised lions paw feet which is a mirror so it reflects the epergene from the underside. Rising from the main body are four arms, again intricately created from silver plate, this time depicting scrolling vines leading to the four smaller crystal glass dishes and the large centre bowl. The photos are perhaps the best way of admiring this piece although when you’ve seen this piece in the flesh you can appreciate how they also fall short
Silver Plate Sheffield Centrepiece Epergne
Come and view this in our Hertfordshire warehouse for your self!
– Stunning English silverplate centrepiece or epergene
– Intricate Sheffield silver plate is hallmarked and in excellent condition – bright and shiny
– Large curved branches with rococo flourishes and hand chased details
– George II style lions paw feet
– Five hand cut glass bowls come off the stands
– Offered in great shape and will ship to anywhere in the world
– Bought from a dealer in London\’s Camden Passage
– Come view these silver plate epergnes in our showroom
Silver Plate Centrepiece Cut Glass Bowl
Hard to describe this stunning work of art and craftmanship, hope the photos do it some justice!
– You are viewing a gorgeous English Sheffield silverplate centrepiece
– Comprised of two smaller dishes, the large central column all situated on the three part mirrored tray
– The glass is crystal cut glass – intricately etched
– The designs are incredibly intricate, check out details like the sea serpent supports and the large central column
– Large range of silver plate epergnes