Elkington Silver Plated Epergne Centrepiece
You are viewing a gorgeous English Sheffield silverplate centrepiece
– Comprised of two smaller dishes, the large central column all situated on the three part mirrored tray
– The glass is crystal cut glass – intricately etched
– The designs are incredibly intricate, check out details like the sea serpent supports and the large central column
– Stands on the three part mirrored tray with intricately banded edges
– Please see close up photos of the hallmarks and numbers
– Offered in great condition, will ship to anywhere in the world
Pair Sheffield Silver Plate Epergnes
You are viewing an incredible pair of Sheffield silverplate and cut glass epergenes in the manner of Matthew Boulton. The pair have been crafted from silver plate and crystal glass and stand on the mirrored silver stands.
It’s really hard to know where to start when describing this gorgeous pair, such is the wealth of details and quality craftsmanship. They’re a highly original and collectable pair and the levels and quality of craftmanship are outstanding and simply breathtaking. In a practical sense these can be used for serving food, sweets or other edible items, or maybe dried flowers, pot pourri or whatever else your imagination could conjure up! More commonly this would be used also as a very elegant decorative item for your home.
You are viewing an absolutely stunning creation hand crafted from crystal cut glass, silver plate, ormolu, bronze and mirrored glass. It\’s hard to know what to call this? A centrepiece? Epergene? Sometimes you come across something so unique and beautiful it\’s hard to put into words and you only hope the pictures will go some way in conveying the magnitude of this work of art. This is hallmarked and stamped in various places – please see close up photo. It is a Sheffield silver plate piece in the manner of Matthew Boulton.
The main central column has a main dish a top and three smaller dishes coming of the column. This stands on the silver plate and mirror base. To the side of the main piece are the two smaller dishes, also made from the finest crystal cut glass.